28 before 28

In previous years, I’ve written ‘Life Lists‘ as opposed to resolutions in preparation for the year ahead – writing down things I’d like to achieve every day, every week, in 6 months time and by the end of the year. From small things like improving my eating habits, to bigger moments like moving to London, this method worked for me because it always focused on what I wanted to accomplish; I never denied myself of anything and I never pressured myself into completing it.

For 2014 I thought I’d change the game up and challenge myself to a 28 before 28 list – a list that will hopefully make my life that little bit more awesome and maybe even improve the lives of those around me. Do we share any goals this year? Let me know in the comments below!

1. Discover a handful of new favourite restaurants
2. Travel somewhere new
3. Get another tattoo (or two…)
4. Take advantage of the theatres on my doorstep
5. Visit my home girl in Lisbon
6. Ride horses with Charlie
7. Go to more gigs
8. Make a scrapbook
9. Balance a healthy mind with a healthy body
10. Learn to knit
11. Learn how to make the perfect chicken gyoza
12. Sleep somewhere magical
13. Take a dance class
14. Make a substantial start on my savings
15. Bake as often as possible
16. Volunteer
17. Take a road trip to Scotland
18. Develop a skin routine (and stick to it!)
19. Spend more time with my family
20. Write, write, write
21. Enter more competitions
22. Cook something new
23. Host a dinner party
24. Explore London
25. Perform more random acts of kindness
26. Do the clear out to end all clear outs
27. Be inspired by Pinterest and craft more in ‘real life’
28. Spend less, wear more

10 Comments on 28 before 28

• Amy
      February 7, 2014 at 9:38 pm

Thanks Michelle! And yes, Siobhan lives just down the road from me so I’ll definitely be taking one of her knitting classes this year 🙂

1. Becky
    January 15, 2014 at 1:06 pm

My resolution is to see you more, hot stuff.

• Amy
      February 7, 2014 at 9:38 pm

GOOD RESOLUTION BABY GIRL X

2. Annie
    January 15, 2014 at 4:15 pm

I agree with lots of these, especially the travel related ones (really want to go to Edinburgh this year and to explore more UK cities) and go to more gigs! Knitting is addictive, I warn ye now 🙂

• Amy
      February 7, 2014 at 9:40 pm

Edinburgh is a must – I haven’t been for years! Thanks for the warning 🙂

3. Laura
    January 16, 2014 at 8:03 am

I also would love to take a road trip to Scotland! Really want to do one across the US but finances probably won’t allow it this year but I’ve never been to Scotland so would love to make it up there and see more of the UK.x

• Amy
      February 7, 2014 at 9:42 pm

You took some great trips last year Laura, I’m envious! I don’t think Charlie and I will make it across the pond in 2014 either (apart from the long weekend in Lisbon) – when you do decide to go to the US, let me know if I can give you any tips! Scotland is so beautiful and I haven’t been since I was a kid. I want to stay in a castle…x

4. Jesse Lili
    January 16, 2014 at 1:35 pm

I like your list! Somehow, we have a lot of goals in common 🙂 My list is a 27 things before 28.

• Amy